Saturday, August 22, 2015

Lion Fight 23

I'm in the process of writing up my journal on the fight but just wanted to give a quick recap and thank you's. Obviously it didn't go as I would have liked. It's easy to look back and think about a lot of "what could I have done's" and "what if's", and there will definitely be things that I take away from this and learn from, but when it comes down to it, no matter how many things go right, or wrong for that matter, anything can happen. You can do everything right and still end up on the losing end, just as everything can go wrong yet you find a way to come through victorious. It's ironic how people seem to always follow up "I'm not going to make any excuses" with a detailed list of them, ha. Every time you step foot in that ring you take the risk of not only coming out with a loss, but not coming out at all. This is a dangerous game we play but I wouldn't have it any other way. I am beyond blessed and grateful to be able to live my dreams and pursue my passions everyday, even when things don't go exactly how I would have liked, I can still walk away with a huge smile on my face and my head held high. 

I want to thank all of my family, friends, loved ones and teammates who support and stand by me in all that I do. I love and appreciate you all more than you could ever know! Thank you to Kirian and everyone at CSA. You guys are my family and it's an honor and blessing to be surrounded by you all on a daily basis. Thank you to my A Team brothers and sister; Gaston, Diego, Eddie, Zoila, KY and Bryan, you guys keep me sharp and inspire me on the daily. Thank you to Jongsanan "Num" for always being there to help me out when I'm in need. You are not only a great friend but one of my biggest inspirations. Thank you to my brother Chaz Mulkey for always coming out, taking time away from his job and family, in order to help me. I love you man! Thank you to my amazing strength coach Jesse Burdick, who does his best to get me to break my 'turtle shell', no matter how much I fight it haha. Norm Turner, who still tortures me to this day. Thank you to all the amazing people that keep me healthy; Jacon Chun and everyone at ESPT, Deanne Ball, Monte Spicer at Kinetic Chain Sport and Trevor Bachmayer at The Spine Center. Thank you to all of my amazing sponsors; Muay Thai Addict, Action Pro Gear and Triumph United, you guys are the best! Thank you for believing in, and sticking by me no matter what. Thank you to Scott, Christine and everyone at Lion Fight Promotions. You guys are paving the way for Muay Thai here in America and I am honored to be a part of that. Last, but definitely not least, thank you to all of my fans. Your support throughout the years has meant the world to me, I could never thank you enough! 


If I was to really thank every person who helps me I would literally be here all day, so if you weren't mentioned please still know how much I appreciate you.

As badly as I would have loved to get back in the ring right away I know that I need to let my mind, body and soul take a break, if only for a moment. So as of right now there is nothing on the books but don't you worry, I will be back in there soon enough, better than ever! Thank you all, God bless!
 

 -The end
 

 "Face your fears, live your dreams"-Kevin Ross 

No comments:

Post a Comment